Submission Guidelines for International Development, Community and Environment (IDCE)

Who can submit

International Development, Community and Environment (IDCE) only publishes materials about work conducted under the auspices of the Department of International Development, Community and Environment (IDCE) .

Submission requirements

Your completed Master’s paper or thesis must be in the correct format and follow the guidelines provided by the IDCE department. NOTE: The Graduate Student Resources page includes a Thesis Format Guide for you to use. Please adhere to this format for your paper, unless your reader advises you otherwise. Not all papers require this level of formatting. Your reader will advise you on which areas to include. Table of contents, list of figures, etc., are all areas subject to reader approval before including in your manuscript.

  • Paper should be submitted to Clark Digital Commons with the following information:
  • Full Name and institution
  • Abstract
  • Program (CDP; ES&P; GISDE; IDSC)
  • Chief Instructor
  • Upload a copy of your full text document

Overview of the process and how to submit a paper

Make sure your paper is in an acceptable format. We can accept papers in Microsoft Word, Rich Text Format (RTF), or Adobe Acrobat (PDF).

  • To submit the paper follow this link and complete the form.
  • Include an abstract for your paper (approximately 250 words)
  • Enter applicable keywords (CDP; ES&P; GISDE; IDSC).
After you submit your paper, we will create an Adobe Acrobat (PDF) version of it and publish it on the site. You will not be notified when the paper is posted. If you publish this paper or a revised version elsewhere, for example in a journal, please send the citation of the new version to the IDCE department. We will be able to inform repository users about the new version.

If you would like to post a revised version of your paper on the site, please follow the instructions in How to Submit; however, please specify when you submit the paper that it is a revision of a previously submitted paper. Contact the IDCE department with any questions.